Silway 713 water repellent is a water-dilutable solution of sodium methyl siliconate designed to impart water repellency to a wide variety of surfaces. Supplied at a concentration of 30 percent in water.
•As a surface treatment in applications that utilize its ability to impart a water repellent surface and reduce water absorption
•For use on bricks, sandstone, limestone, and ceramics
•Reduces water absorption into the substrate, thus reducing spalling due to freeze-thaw and efflorescence, thereby increasing the life of the substrate
•Colorless and non-yellowing protection preserves the natural appearance of the substrate
Typical Physical Properties
Solid Content (90 min at 150℃, %)
Active Content, %
Specific Gravity (25/25 ℃)
• As a surface treatment Silway 713 is diluted to a concentration of 3 percent solids or less prior to application.
• Do not use concentrations higher than 3 percent solids unless prior testing indicates a necessity. The use of higher concentrations than required may result in the formation of a white residue on the surface. Users should test the concentration to be applied on the substrate prior to use.
• After application of the silicone solution, allow the treated surface to dry for at least 24 hours to develop maximum water repellency. This interval may be shortened somewhat by force-drying at temperatures up to 175°C. While this removes the water quickly, time must be allowed for the curing reaction between Silway 716 and the surface being treated. Carbon dioxide streams do not appear to reduce the cure time appreciably.
Packing ：200L drums or 1000L IBC or according to customer request.
• Avoid children coming into contact with this product
• Being storage in closed containers
• No fire on the construction site
Shelf Life ：12 months