Peg-12 Dimethicone Factory introduces the advantages of silicone defoamers:
1. Wide range of applications: due to the special chemical structure of silicone oil, it is neither compatible with water or substances containing polar groups, nor with hydrocarbons or organic substances containing hydrocarbon groups. Due to the insolubility of silicone oil to various substances, it has a wide range of applications. It can be used for defoaming in water systems as well as in oil systems.
2. Low surface tension: The surface capacity of silicone oil is generally 20-21 dyne/cm, which is smaller than that of water (72 dynes/cm) and general foaming liquids, and has good defoaming performance.
3. Good thermal stability: Take the commonly used simethicone as an example, it can withstand 150°C for a long time and 300°C for a short time, and its Si-O bond will not decompose. This ensures that the silicone defoamer can be used in a wide temperature range.
4. Good chemical stability: Since the Si-O bond is relatively stable, the chemical stability of silicone oil is very high, and it is difficult to chemically react with other substances. Therefore, as long as the formulation is reasonable, silicone defoamers are allowed to be used in systems containing acids, alkalis, and salts.
5. Physiological inertia: Silicone oil has been proven to be non-toxic to humans and animals, and its half-lethal dose is greater than 34 g/kg. Therefore, silicone defoamers (with suitable non-toxic emulsifiers, etc.) can be safely used in the food, medical, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries.
6. Strong defoaming power: Silicone defoaming agent can not only effectively break the foam that has been generated, but also can significantly inhibit the foam and prevent the formation of foam. It is used in a small amount, as long as it is added to one millionth (1ppm) of the weight of the foaming medium, it can produce a defoaming effect. Its commonly used range is 1 to 100 ppm. Not only is the cost low, but also does not pollute the defoamed substance.